Hi Belfast Families & Friends!
The below is important events OR information that we want to share with you:
Please NOTE: NO patrols from October 24-27 due to Outdoor school
Outdoor School reminders:
Coffee Talk - Supporting Reading
Please join us in the Learning Commons on Friday October 27th ad 9:00AM to learn strategies to support students who are learning to read. Please RSVP to this link.
Do you drop your child off in the morning? Do you have your police record check? Would you be interested in volunteering to help with our morning reading program? Please plan to attend the coffee talk on October 27th (see above) and sign up at the same link.
Remembrance Day Assembly information:
Belfast's Remembrance Day service will be held on Friday, Nov 10th at 10:30 AM. We welcome any photos of family members who have served their country in the military to be a part of a tribute slideshow. You can email these photos to Ms. Zinken at email@example.com Please include the name and rank of the person, plus their connection to Belfast (eg. Colonel Earl Olmsted, Ms. El's grandfather).
The cold weather is coming. If your family is in need of assistance to source boots or jackets please contact us at the school 403-777-6250 ext 0. We can connect you with Boots for Kids who can help.
All money that is raised goes to things such as art supplies, field trip support, classroom supplies, OR items for fun activity days for example Popsicles at Summerfest, pizza for our patrollers, Grade 6 Farewell and so much more.
Current Running Fundraisers:
1) ADMAZING coupon books: With only a few more Fill dates make sure you get yours. 50% of the proceeds stays in the school. This will go until Mid November so make sure your get your orders in before they are gone. All orders sent have been filled and sent back home so if you are missing your books please get in contact with me. I have a few orders that do not have the students names on them. PLEASE NOTE: Any new orders please ensure student's name is on the order form.
2) SPUD grocery delivery New to us this year: Fresh Organic Produce delivered right your door. Your choice of a one time delivery or a weekly delivery! 25% of those sales stays in the school. Instructions on how to set this up are on the website and in the letter attached. This is an ON GOING fundraiser All year. SPUDFundraising_DigitalHandout_Fall_Belfast 2017.pdf SPUDFundraising 2017.docx SPUDFundraising_FAQ_ 2017.pdf
3) Budding Artist info: Please make sure you check your student's packpack/bag this weekend and Monday for Budding Artist order Forms. Order FORMS DUE on OCTOBER 30 2017 NO LATE ORDERS CAN BE ACCEPTED you can look at the items In the display case in the front hallway next to the office.
For up to date Council and Fundraising Information be sure to check out their website (or send them a message through their Facebook page if you have lost your order forms ect) http://belfastcouncil.weebly.com/fundraising-society-blog and our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Belfast-School-Calgary-Learning-Through-Fine-Arts-and-Technology-497635703594176/
Belfast Casino information:
Also our Belfast Casino is coming up fast! November 23 & 24 is the casino dates and we are in need of 32 volunteers to make this a happen successfully. We use our casino funds for things like computers, iPads, artist in residence, performances and so much more. Without this money it would be very difficult to have the amazing things our students do here at Belfast School.
Please sign up for the Belfast casino! Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/login/entry/647029152543346029
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please email Amber and she can sign you up manually firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Upcoming Dates:
Here you will find information emailed to parents via School Messenger. Each entry is a combination of a general message that was sent to all parents and a commercial message that was sent only to parents who have opted in to receive commercial messages.